The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cyprus Vine - Macro Flower Saturday

*****
*****
Cyprus Vine (aka Cypressvine Morning Glory, Cardinal Creeper, Cardinal Vine,
Star Glory, Hummingbird Vine); Ipomoea quamoclit
Taken: 9/18/2009
Along the railroad tracks in Phenix City, AL
For more information, click here.
*****

8 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh my, the color is just amazing. What a fantastic shot. Love these.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maia T said...

Oh, these flowers are so beautiful.
What a lovely bright red color.
Thanks for the beautiful contribution to Macro Flowers Saturday!

Please delete the above comment, I clicked on the anonymous by mistake.
Maia.

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

Those are stunning! the flower just jumped out of the screen at me - great light too.

Judy said...

The macro is lovely, but I am just blown away by the second shot! I simply don't know how to describe it!!

Al said...

Pretty flowers, they maybe small but they add lush to the garden.

Kathy said...

These delightful little star-shaped flowers are just the ticket!

Kim, USA said...

It's beautiful and I love the color too. Happy Sunday!


Purple blossom