The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Macro Flowers Saturday - Sago Palm

 *****
Macro Flower Saturday
 *****
 
***** 
Sago Palm, Cycas revoluta (sago cycad)
Taken: 6/11/2010
My backyard.
Important: These plants are toxic to children and pets.
For more information, click here.
*****
 *****
 
*****

9 comments:

Maia T said...

What an interesting evolution of this palm tree.
Your images are amazing as you follow the growth of the plant.
Thanks for sharing these photos on Macro flowers Saturday!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Quite amazing.

Kim, USA said...

It's fantastic transformation, like it! Happy weekend!

Six petals

Kim, USA said...

It's fantastic transformation, like it! Happy weekend!

Six petals

Gemma Wiseman said...

The first photo almost seems demonic! Great for a horror movie! Amazing evolution of this plant!

cat said...

Wow it looks like something alien. Fantastic series of shots.

Roan said...

I love the transformation. It is a beautiful palm. Have a nice weekend!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Now that is cool. What a beautiful progression. Very nicely done.

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

I love this palm - we have it in work and I'm always keeping it well watered. I've never seen one unfurling its leaves like that. Great pics :) Rosie