The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Butterfly and Lantana - Macro Flowers Saturday

 
*****
Butterfly on Lantana
Taken: 9/2/2010
Columbus, GA
*****
This is my contribution for Macro Flowers Saturday. I realize that this is not a true macro shot, but I like it.
To see more 'real' macros, click here.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Ohh, lovely! You framed this beautifully and gracefully. I grow Lantanas too.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wow what a beautiful butterfly. You might already know what he is but I looked him up in the identification book. He looks like a Gulf Fritillary. Doesn't come up this way. Great capture.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

wow thats just spectacular

ruma said...

The beauty seems to charm a creature.



Thank you for showing a wonderful moment.




From Japan.
Greetings.
ruma

Flower Town said...

Beautiful capture of the flower and the butterfly. Awesome!

Jayne said...

I love the sun shining through. Very lovely photo :-)