The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wild Blue Flax - Macro Flowers Saturday

 
*****
Wild Blue Flax; Linum lewisii
Taken: 4/30/2010
Lakebottom Park, Columbus, GA
For more information, click here.
*****
Note: My identification may not be correct. The color is more pink/purple than blue, but that could be due
to location, deep south instead of the American plains.
Feel free to correct me if I have mis-identifed this specimen.
*****
For more MFS, click here.
*****
 
*****
*****  

10 comments:

Al said...

Actually I was going to ask why it's called blue flax when I can see it pink, anyway it's still beautiful.

About macopa, it is sometimes Malay apple.

Linnea said...

Such a pretty flower. You captured the pink flowers so well against the greenery surrounding them. They look wonderful close up as well as at a distance. Lovely post.

Maia T said...

Blue or purple, these little wildflowers look beautiful in your photos.
Thanks for sharing your work at Macro Flowers Saturday!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Fantastic macro in this series. These are such lovely flowers.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The wild flax in my wildflowers book have a blue flower. However, the flower on yours looks similar to purple saxifrage but not sure. It is really pretty though.

Self Sagacity said...

Gorgeous closeup shots. Really love the way it comes up from the greens.

Jama said...

So pretty!

Icy BC said...

Gorgeous flowers! They are so delicate looking, but also striking!

Roan said...

Whatever it is, it's gorgeous. Perhaps it is different colors in different locations. I found a yellow flax in my Illinois wildflower book.

Judy said...

That looks a lot like a plant I am seeing now. If it is blue flax, that would explain why I can't find the photo in the pink section...
Whatever it is, it is beautiful!