The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Monday, October 04, 2010

Golden Rod

 
*****
Goldenrod; Solidago
Taken: 10/3/2010
Nominated as the state flower of Alabama in 1927, but it was rejected in favor of the Camellia.
Goldenrod is the state flower for Nebraska and Kentucky.
Known as a companion plant, as evidenced by the bug in this shot. 
For more information, click here or here.
*****

 
*****
 
*****

4 comments:

Dejemonos sorprender said...

This plant is very cute .. It is also native to where I live, Argentina .. flowers are beautiful addition to being quite appealed by the bees .. There are many native plants have very pretty flowers and not seen .. it's nice to do this and share it .. greetings from the south ..

Lowell said...

Hmmm. I thought this was a weed! ;-)

Funny little twin bugs!

Maria Berg said...

Interesting bug never seen it before, MB

Maria Berg said...

Ps. We have that flower in sweden also! MB