The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Unknown - Macro Flowers Saturday

*****
Unknown
Taken: May 2005
On the Big Island of Hawaii at the nut farm. 
I found a website with Hawaiian flora, but they did not have a shot of this.
I do like the texture of the orbs and the colors.
Any ideas?
*****
Post post comment: Thanks to Kebeni. Her comment led me to Lychee on Google and I found my answer. Ripe fruit would be a rosy-peachy red. Want to read more?
*****

8 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh, I wish I knew. They are sweet and so pretty. Nice composition and character. I can't wait to find out just what they are.

Roan said...

I have no idea what they are, but they sure are interesting. Great shot!

Dejemonos sorprender said...

I don`t know what they are, but are realy nice, very sympathetic..

Kelli said...

gorgeous shot. They look like lychee or something, not sure

Maia said...

How showy these berries are! They are unknown to me too but they look lovely Interesting texture and nice color.
Thanks for sharing your lovely composition on Macro flowers Saturday!

Lowell said...

Macadamia nuts? Or just plain nuts? They look a bit like immature tennis balls! :-)

Love the photo!

Ruth said...

I think they're lychees. They turn red when ripe and very sweet.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Gardener is right, they are Lychees, used to come from China and Thailand. They are now in Hawaii and Australia. Delicious fruit.