The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Red Torch Ginger - Macro Flowers Saturday

 
*****
Red Torch Ginger; Etlingera elatior
Taken: 5/2005
On the Big Island of Hawaii.
For more information, click here.
*****
Interesting in more beautiful macros? Click here.
*****
 
*****
 
*****

4 comments:

Maia T said...

Gorgeous, I like those shinny petals. I've never seen these blooms before.
Beautiful macros.

Kim, USA said...

Awesome!! Very pretty!
Macro Flowers

Jama said...

I used the bud of this flowers for my cooking occasionally, just love the smell!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Ah, that is so unique and so vibrant. Fantastic shots.