The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Groundsel Tree

 
*****
Groundsel Tree (aka Saltbush, Sea-Myrtle); Baccharis halimifolia
Taken: 11/12/2010
Alabama roadside
*****
This is my Macro Flowers Saturday contribution. Not a true macro, but I really love these and they are about all that is blooming right now. Not a true flower either, this is the fruit of the tree. 
Click here to see more Beautiful Macro Flowers.
*****
 
*****
 
*****


6 comments:

Maia said...

How beautiful these shrubs are, all covered with the white puff.
Beautiful shots and that second closeup is just perfect for Macro Flower Saturday.

Lui said...

But they look just as pretty as flowers!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I'm just amazed at the beauty of these flowers.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

What an interesting plant. Great shot.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Very unusual and something I don't think I've seen yet very pretty.

Self Sagacity said...

That tree is way too special. I would like one like it please. Looks warm and fuzzy.