The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Friday, August 06, 2010

Prickly Lettuce - Macro Flowers Saturday

 
*****
Prickly Lettuce; Lactuca serriola
Taken: 7/3/2010
Alabama side of the Chattahoochee River near Goat Rock Dam
Flower head is approximately 1/4" in diameter
For more information, click here.
*****
 
*****
 
*****

8 comments:

Rosie said...

thats a lovely macro - never heard of a prickly lettuce before.

Maia T said...

That's a nice catch, I'm amazed how could you find this beautiful little flower growing on a common plant.
I don't remember seeing it but I could easily pass by. These findings are more interesting than well known flowers.

Al said...

Oh never heard and seen a prickly lettuce before, but it's lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a cute little flower! I too have never seen it before! Beautiful photos!

Joanne Olivieri said...

That is a stunning macro, well done.

Dani said...

a wonderful macro shot. Magnificent

Lowell said...

This is considered a weed, I'd guess. But it is lovely and your photo is excellent. I may have seen one, but would have never known its name.

But then I think an orchid is just a rose by another name, so....

Judy said...

I have seen this plant before, but not lately! If the flowers are so small, then you really are to be congratulated for capturing them!!!