The Flower Pot

I love to take photographs of flowers and I have a photographic library full of them. As much as I love flowers, especially wildflowers, I am notoriously bad at growing them. I plan to post shots of cultivars and wildflowers in a wide range of colors and from a wide range of places.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Red and Gold Daylilies - Macro Flowers Saturday

 *****
Red and Gold Day Lily
Taken: 5/2/2009
My yard. Lee County, Alabama
These miniature day lilys were one of the first flowers I planted in my yard. Because you see them everywhere, I knew that they would survive in my yard with little or no care. I love flowers, but I am not a gardener. Go figure. I thougt this was a particularly nice bloom.
This is my submission for Macro Flowers Saturday, click here to view more.
For more information, click here.
*****
*****

11 comments:

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Daylilies are unbeatable in the easy care category. Beautiful shot.

Self Sagacity said...

Nice up close angle. they are so crisp, and so real.

AL said...

It looks so real! I could almost feel it! Very nice macro.

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

Beautiful - but I really am impressed by the composition of the 2nd photo.

Inday said...

I just check in the gallery of Lily and my own Plants Encyclopedia Book published by Readers Digest - my head is having a swirl of confusion in tracing the name of every single variety of this most elegant flower. Until I joined the floral memes, my eyes were opened wide with much interest how beautiful your Lilies are over there!

Sometimes this is one reason I have the urge to copy some picture with their names on that I can't find in the book. If I can turn the clock back to when I was young, I would like to do Mastery Studies of Flowers and other plants especially about their medicinal properties.

(don't worry, am not going to do that here)

Lowell said...

A very artistic rendering...looks much like a painting. Excellent work, Barb!

Roan said...

I'm with you, I love flowers, but I'm not a gardener. I need fuss free flowers, although Hubby has a very green thumb. Beautiful!

Lowell said...

Hi Barb! I would urge you to give painting a try. I think it's a wonderful way to express one's creative self.

My mother was a painter (and writer) and she did some beautiful work that is now hanging in homes all over the country, including our home.

If you do, please let me know and share your paintings with me! OK?

Judy said...

The first shot is the classic one of a daylily, but the second shot has so much character! I really love it!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Gorgeous flowers and the colors are so vibrant!

Maia T said...

What a gorgeous lily and amazing color.
I like the angle you took the second shot and the detail on this photo.

Sorry I'm late with the comments, I was not at home.
Have a great week!